Pastor Carr & His Wife Jodi
Jeff Carr was born January 18th, 1952 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lafayette, Indiana to Robert and Norma Carr. The first 11 years of his life, he grew up in Monticello, Indiana and then moved to Homestead, Florida at age 12. At age 17, he accepted Christ through the ministry of South Dade Baptist Church. Jeff graduated from South Dade High School in 1970 and then attended Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Missouri majoring in Pastoral Studies. He was also a member of the BBC Karate for Christ Team. He graduated in 1973 with a Th.G in Theology and 1978 with a BS in Theology.
Jodi Walraven was born September 11, 1953 in Abilene, Texas to J.V. and Doris Walraven. She grew up in Abilene, Texas and was saved at age 9 at Trinity Baptist Church. She graduated from Abilene High School in 1971 and then attended Baptist Bible College in Springfield, Missouri where she met Jeff Carr. She graduated in 1974 with a Missions Degree
After graduating from Bible College, Jeff and Jodi were married on August 10th, 1974 at Trinity Baptist in Abilene, Texas. For the next 9 years, Bro. Carr served as a Youth Pastor in various churches.
In July of 1983, Jeff and Jodi Carr heard about the pastoring opportunity at Mesa Baptist Church while serving as Youth Pastor at Trinity Baptist in Austin, Texas. They came to Rio Rancho to candidate for the pastorship in July of 1983 and the church extended a call for them to come and be their pastor. Two weeks later, Jeff and Jodi Carr made the move to Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
When they began, the church consisted of about 60 members. They met in the area of the building where we now have our nursery and church office. At that time, there was only about 2,700 square feet of space. Right away the church began to grow rapidly! About the time the church broke 100 members, it was obvious that there was more space needed…and soon! That is when the second auditorium was built in 1985. The men of the church provided almost all of the labor for this new building. After 12 months, the second building was completed, and the first services were held. God began to bless even more and soon this new building was outgrown. In order to accommodate the overflow, the teens would have to meet for Sunday School at the Happy Days Day Care Center on Golf Course Road. Through God’s ongoing blessings, growth continued to occur. It was evident once again that yet another building would have to be built. The first service in the new auditorium took place on the church’s 10th Anniversary, August 5th, 1990. A record crowd of over 400 attended this dedication service.